Do you want to help raise funds for Youth Without Shelter?
Are you interested in organizing your own event?
We’re here to help!
There are many ways you can support YWS in your community. Your support can make a difference in the lives of over 1,000 homeless youth who enter the doors of YWS each year. No matter what type of event you wish to host, or financial goal you set, every dollar counts. We want you to know how far your donations go, and how you can make an impact.
How can you help?
- $25 could provide one youth with a safe place to sleep for one night at YWS. $750 could provide youth with safe shelter for an entire month.
- $50 can provide us with the ability to keep our YWS foodbank stocked for a visit from a past resident. A well stocked pantry will help numerous youth each month so that they will never have to choose between paying rent or putting food on the table.
- $250 could provide YWS residents with a “Next Step Kit”, full of household item, cleaning products, kitchen utensils, dinnerware, and bedding. These kits are available for youth when they move out from YWS into independence and stable living.
- $117 could provide one month of transit fare for a youth in the Stay in School Program as they strive to reach their education goals.
- Our daily food budget per youth is $3.50. This covers breakfast, lunch, dinner, and two snacks. $5,565 could feed all 53 resident youth for a month.
There are multiple ways that YWS can work with you to help you plan and host your event. From organizing a garage sale to hosting a dinner party to having a bake sale, the possibilities for your fundraising event are endless!
To help guide you on your fundraising journey, we have developed a Third Party Toolkit to help you every step of the way!
What’s inside your Third Party Toolkit?
- Fundraising Event Ideas
- 10 Steps to a Successful Fundraiser
- Fundraising Guidelines
- Tax Receipt Guide
- Social Media Guide
We also provide you with a variety of Toolkit Resources to make sure your event will run smoothly and be as successful as possible! These resources include Logo Guidelines, Event Checklists, Sponsorship/Partnership Solicitation Letter examples, pledge forms, and much more